AC Literary Expedition
exploring ideas together
AC Literary Expedition is a new initiative by Apologetics Canada to bring people together virtually to explore ideas in their historical context.
There is a brand of Christianity that distinguishes itself from historic Christianity. It questions, and even rejects, traditionally-held Christian doctrines. Known as Progressive Christianity, adherents hold that the Christian faith is not static but dynamic, evolving through the varying historical climate and maturing into what it's truly meant to be. Some claim that it's a legitimate sect of Christianity, while others reject it as having gone too far outside the bounds of what can properly be considered Christianity.
Join us on June 27th, for our next AC Literary Expedition as we examine Progressive Christianity. Take in the reading and audiovisual material below and join us online for a time of discussion. You can participate by speaking up or simply by observing.
To help you along during the session, you can download the notes and look through it beforehand.
Dates, Times & Articles
Sunday, June 27, 2021 | 4-6 PM PT
- Another Gospel?: A Lifelong Christian Seeks Truth in Response to Progressive Christianity by Alisa Childers OR The Ten Commandments of Progressive Christianity by Michael J. Kruger
- The 8 Points of Progressive Christianity from progressivechristianity.org
- Subtle Ways to Abandon the Authority of Scripture in Our Lives by D. A. Carson
- The Universal Christ: How a Forgotten Reality Can Change Everything We See, Hope For, and Believe by Richard Rohr
- A Canadian Preacher Who Doesn't Believe in God from The New York Times
- What Is the Bible?: How an Ancient Library of Poems, Letters, and Stories Can Transform the Way You Think and Feel About Everything by Rob Bell
- Interview: William Lane Craig – Atonement and the Death of Christ from Stand to Reason (Transcript available)
Progressive vs. Evangelical: A Dialogue for Clarity
Ex-New Age Guru Steven Bancarz Debunks the Universal Christ